Who can open an account?
Whether the account is for you or you’re an Authorized Legal Representative opening an account for someone else, make sure these statements are true.
- The beneficiary developed a disability or blindness before the age of 26;
- The disability will last, or has lasted, at least a year;
- The beneficiary is a U.S. citizen; and
- One of the following is true:
- Is eligible for SSI or SSDI because of a disability;
- Experiences blindness as determined by the Social Security Act; or
- Can produce a signed diagnosis form by a licensed physician if requested.